Under the Education and Training Board Act, ETBs have been given the responsibility to;
“Support the provision, coordination, administration and assessment of youth work services in its functional area and provide such information as may be requested by the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs in relation to such support.”
(Education and Training Boards Act 2013, Section 10 (1) (j))
Cork ETB has responsibility for administering funding of over 2.5million euro to over 35 youth projects and services across Cork City and County.
Youth Work Services are provided on the ETBs behalf by a number of voluntary youth organizations – YMCA, Foróige, Youthwork Ireland Cork, Cobh Youth Services, Cork Simon, Meitheal Mara, Good Shepherd Services, Churchfield Trust.
Their work is supported and monitored by Cork Education & Training Board (CETB) staff and is overseen by a CETB sub-committee which is responsible for strategic planning and monitoring.
Management of and Accountability for Grants from Exchequer Funds – Circular 13/2014
Conditions and Procedures for grant funding allocated under the DCYA Scheme 2015 – Circular/DCYA/01/2015
For more information on Youth Work in Cork please contact the youth officer.
|Contact details for Youth Officer:|
|Ms Ruth Griffin|
|Cork Education & Training Board,
21 Lavitt’s Quay,
Mitchelstown, Reformed Youth Service Scheme
Cork ETB is seeking an organisation to provide a youth service in Mitchelstown, Co. Cork. The service will be funded under the Reformed Youth Funding Scheme (RYFS) from the Dept. Children & Youth Affairs.
The organisation we seek should:
- Be experienced in working with teenagers and young adults using non-formal education methodologies
- Operate in an out-of-school setting, including evening and weekends
- Understand the nature and needs of a rural, dispersed youth population and offer appropriate responses
- Be able to devise and measure effective responses.
Application is by means of an Application form and pre-qualification questionnaire. For an information pack and application form, please visit http://cork.etb.ie/youth-services/ or contact email@example.com
Completed hard copies to be submitted to:
|Mr Ted Owens,
Cork Education & Training Board,
21 Lavitt’s Quay,
Closing date Wednesday 8th November 2017 at 5pm.
A profile of Cork ETB Youth Services
Cork ETB Youth Work Schemes
- Youth Club Grant click here for more details
- Special Projects to assist Disadvantaged Youth click here for more details
- Young Peoples Facilities and Services Fund click here for more details.
- Youth Work in Co. Cork
- Better Outcomes Brighter Futures – National Policy Framework for Children & Young People