Why select Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa ?
- 8 acre campus with ample free car parking, easy access to the Link Road and on the Number 203 Bus Route.
- Superb Sports Facilities on site including a full All Weather Pitch, Grass Pitches and a superb Sports hall including a recently refurbished Gym.
- Specialists rooms including a new Radio Broadcasting Suite, Dance and Performance Areas, 6 Computer Rooms with total student access, Glasshouses on site for horticultural studies.
- Canteen run by a highly regarded Catering Company offering a wide reasonably priced menu to suit all tastes.
- Excellent Creche Facilitites
- Library with quiet study areas and access to research materials
- Landscaped grounds with a water feature providing a calming and pleasant environment for students.
- 50+ courses are available. These are offered under the following headings and full details are available on our website
- Sports Courses
- Science Courses
- Performing Arts Courses- Music & Dance & Drama
- Art Courses
- Carpentry Courses
- Horticultural Courses
- Business Courses
CSN is best experienced by walking through the building when the College is fully operational. You will be struck the visual beauty of photographic displays, pieces of art and sculpture, unique and brilliant pieces of woodwork and projects of all types. The College is always active as you hear music and dance classes in full swing. The visual environment is constantly changing as students complete works and put them on display.
The Canteen as well as the Common Room will show students grouped with friends and working or discussing the latest happenings.
There are constantly shows, exhibitions and gigs both on campus and off campus as students exhibit their progress to their fellow students, parents and friends. Field trips and off campus activities and visits are also part of the life of the College.
CSN and its staff work to promote a positive and caring environment which supports students in every possible way. Students who in rare circumstances experience difficulties of whatever nature have access to two Guidance Counsellors as well as Class Teachers, Department Heads and other school personnel.
Visitors can see and indeed feel the positive atmosphere which prevails amongst the school community.
Teaching & Learning
CSN is devoted to high quality teaching and learning and seeks to encourage, promote and support students to achieve the best they are capable of.
The Teaching Staff have proven consistently how effective they are and how dedicated they are to providing the best possible education to their students. Teachers work consistently to nurture good working relationships with students. Many of the staff give of their time over and beyond what is required of them and CSN students and Management are fortunate to have such a dedicated team in place.
Progression to Higher Education or the Workplace
Students who join CSN will be given every opportunity to succeed and progress and many of our pupils progress on to University Level or Institute of Technology Level to pursue their studies. Some students go to English Educational Institutions.
The vocational nature of our courses also makes it possible for students to go directly in to the world of work/industry on completion of their course.
Visit the college website for more information on courses, online applications and student facilities.
|Ms Vivienne MacSweeney||Principal|
|Ms Deirdre O’Sullivan||Deputy Principal|
|Mr Richard O'Sullivan||Deputy Principal|
|Ms Catherine Waldock||Secretary|