A key feature of the CETB is Workforce Development, providing Education and Training programmes for those in employment, to upgrade or enhance their skills in their current job, or prepare them for new roles.
We can help you identify upskilling opportunities for your staff. Both short and longer duration courses can be developed and delivered.
For further details, please contact: email@example.com
THE SKILLS FOR WORK PROGRAMME
Skills for Work is a national programme aimed at providing training opportunities to help employees deal with the basic skills demands of the workplace. The initiative is funded by the Irish Government under the Department of Education and Skills, and delivered by the newly formed Education & Training Boards (ETB) across the country. The project is managed nationally by Dublin & Dún Laoghaire ETB.
A SKILLS FOR WORK COURSE
- A SFW programme may include a variety of subjects which support the educational needs of the employee.
- The programme is offered on company premises where possible, the local ETB Adult Education Centre, or an alternative convenient location.
- A SFW programme is designed and delivered in a flexible and adaptable way to meet the needs of the employer and employee.
- Programmes are of 35 hours duration
- Sessions are usually 2 – 3 hours long and can be arranged for mornings, afternoons or evenings
- Participants may be released from work to participate in SFW programmes.
- Most offer free nationally recognised certification.
- There are no tuition fees.
WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF THE SKILLS FOR WORK PROGRAMME?
- Promote an ethos of lifelong learning in the workplace
- Contribute towards the creation of a well educated and highly skilled workforce
- Raise the competency level of employees with low levels of educational qualifications
- Develop initiatives to enhance employees communication and basic IT skills
- Enable employees to cope with frequent and ongoing changes in work practices
WHO CAN ACCESS THE SKILLS FOR WORK PROGRAMME?
- In the private sector
- Willing to promote the SFW Programme
- With employees who need to improve their core skills
- With a need to upskill their existing workforce
- Creating a learning environment for their employees
- Over 18 years of age and not in full-time second level education
- In part-time or full time employment
- With work skill needs
- With few, out-dated or no educational qualifications
- Willing to take part on a voluntary basis
- Have a desire to improve
- Have their employer’s support
For further detail of Skills for Work programme, please contact: Lillian Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org