Cork ETB is currently developing common Quality Assurance policy and procedures to ensure a high standard of delivery and coordination is maintained across the Further Education and Training Sector.
The FET Quality Assurance Team is responsible for developing and reviewing policies, procedures and programmes across the FET service to ensure on going improvements in our provision and to facilitate high quality teaching and learning that is fit for purpose and meets the needs of our learners and other stakeholders, including employers.
The QA Team comprises of Nuala Glanton, Adult Education Officer, Carol Quinlan, Quality Assurance Officer, Jenny Norwood, Administrator and Catherine O’Sullivan, Assistant Process Coordinator reporting to John Fitzgibbons, Director of Further Education and Training. The work of the team is guided and overseen by a Quality Assurance Steering Group. A Programme Approval Committee is responsible for programme development, validation and approval process.. The FET Strategy Group, chaired by Ted Owens, Chief Executive, oversees all Further Education and Training Related activity.
All FET staff are responsible for the implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures and learners and other stakeholder are central to our development, implementation and review of our policies, procedures and programmes.
Cork ETB current supports 40 QQI registered centres and 4 City and Guilds Registered centres. Some of our centres provide certification with a number of other awarding bodies also including ITEC, BTEC, CompTIA, Oracle and CIBTAC and CIDESCO.
Information for employees on Quality Assurance
All information for staff in relation to Quality Assurance is located on the QA page of the Cork ETB SharePoint site. Staff will be given a log in name and password by their Principal or Centre manager.
The following information is available on that site:
- Cork ETB Policies, procedures, resources and templates.
- Descriptors for all programmes and components from levels 1 to 6 that CETB is validated to run. The most up to date version will always be available here.
- Information on Managing Programmes for centres.
- Information regarding our Quality Assurance Governance Structure.
- News and updates regarding QA
- An overview of the CETB Assessment Process with related templates and resources
- Information on training and supports for FET learning practitioners.
- Resources available at every level
If you have any queries regarding quality assurance policy and procedures or FET programmes please email email@example.com.
Quality Assurance Policy
QQI published their Core Statutory Quality Assurance Guidelines in May 2016. Subsequently QQI published Sector Specific QA Guidelines for ETBs in May 2017. These will inform Cork ETB’s development of a common Quality Assurance System. This will be a long-term project and as procedures are developed they will replace the existing procedures that are in place.
Following widespread consultation with staff and learners, the Quality Assurance Steering Grouped approved a new assessment policy and procedures which will be piloted during 2017/2018 academic year.
QA 6 Cork ETB Policy on the Assessment of Learners Procedures
- 6.1 Assessment Information for Learners Procedure
- 6.2 Co-ordinated Planning of Assessment Procedure
- 6.3 Assessment Design Procedure for QQI Awards
- 6.4 Implementation of Assessment Activities
- 6.6 Reasonable Accommodation in assessment of learners with specific needs
- 6.7 CETB Extenuating Circumstances in Assessment Procedure
- 6.8 CETB Repeats and Resubmissions of Assignments Procedure
- 6.10 CETB Assessment Malpractice Procedure
Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) is responsible for the external quality assurance of further and higher education and training, it validates programmes and makes certain awards for the sector. For further information see www.qqi.ie